Friday, December 26, 2008

Grace Garrett's Hatpin


This was my Grandmother’s (Grace Garrett) hatpin. Grace Garrett passed in 1956, and she was quite ill for about 8 years prior to that.

She had, and wore many hats and hatpins, especially during the 1920’s-1940’s. But this is the only one I ended up owning.

It has been living in my jewelry box for over 30 years. My Mother (Aldine Bush) had it stuck through this ‘postcard’, that I guess she never mailed to her co-workers, and there it has remained!


It is 5 inches long. The head is Filigree Gold, Copper, or a mixture (It is so old, I cannot tell for sure!). And other than needing cleaning up, it’s in perfect condition.

Since none of my family knows what it is, nor cares, nor is interested in it and I need money; it is often on sale on Craig’s List San Diego/Collectables.

No comments:

Post a Comment